My Photo
Name:
Location: North Quincy, Masssachusetts, United States

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Beloved mum

I stared wide-eyed as tears filled my eyes. I was helpless and weak. I could do nothing to lighten her burden. Since when did I become so vulnerable and defenseless. I wish I could kiss away every tear, every worry , every painful moment. I wish.
I admired her courageous and unyielding heart. She never gave up not even for a bit. Despite the brokenness and all the pain, never once did she slack in her role and responsibility. She never allowed herself to be controlled nor be taken in by her never ending problems. And that is why I love her so much.
I held her hand firmly as she walked in and out of busy, hectic offices, dragging me along patiently. On her other hand, she held a humungous bag , woven out of fabric very much like plastic packed with clothes that were for sale.Shameful,you may say, but I say,honourable and admirable. She walked up to every lady present, hoping that she would buy something. And that would make her day.
This was 10 years ago.


As my sister and I clutched her sweaty palms on that odorous, foul-smelling bus, I saw by the determination on her face that all she wanted was for us to be by her side, safe and secured.Hung over her arm was a large bag with 24 books inside. To her,taking us to the library every 3 weeks was necessary and needful. She believed that reading was an important habit to inculcate in us.
This was 12 years ago.


At 20 now, I look back only to realize and understand the love my mother had for me and my sister. Why did we argue and rebel?All she did was love us. If only I had said "I love you" ten times more than I did before. If only. All I have now is the telephone (and 10,000 miles (I think) between us )to say " I love you" every single day. It's a shame that I couldn't even say "I love you" to her face. If I could do things differently, I would. I cannot change the past but I can change the future. And this time, it will be different.

Mum..I love you!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home