My Photo
Name:
Location: North Quincy, Masssachusetts, United States

Monday, April 19, 2010

A day with mum, a lifetime lesson learned

So, I noticed that the last post of mine was dated 10 August 2009. I guess I had been too busy and had nothing to write about really. It would really surprise me if anyone was still following this blog. I decided to write and lay this down today because this is something I want to keep and remember for the rest of my life.

So...as the title reads, " A day with mum, a lifetime lesson learned". I'm sure that this could have been a better worded title. Oh well.

So anyways, I was having dinner with my mum in celebration of my birthday yesterday and I was ranting on and on about how old I was getting. Back when I was 17, I used to think that 23 year- old people were kinda old, and that it would take forever to be 23. But here I was, at the edge of falling into the 23-year-old pit. (it's really not that bad, you just start putting on way and stay unfit forever, haha).
Then, my mum asked me " Why is age so important to you?, why is it so bad and why are u making a fuss?". I just replied by saying that time flew by too fast.

She then looked at me with "that" look, and by "that" I mean really stern , serious, motherly look.

"You know steph, the most important thing in life is to be thankful for what you have,for the every day you have and for all the friends you have with you. Problems will come, but they will end when the time comes. Everyone, brilliant or not, will have problems. BUT THEY WILL END. You have God and He is all you need to cling on."

Alright, I know that the line " be thankful for everything, everyday you have" seems so cliche. As a 23 year old GIRL, i probably have heard that line maybe 30 times. However, this was coming from my mother, someone who has seen so much in life, the dark and ugly side of life, and saying that probably really came from her heart and it was REAL to her. It wasn't cliche or a repeated lesson anymore that meant something but would let slip form your mind. I nearly was in tears because I saw so much behind those eyes, weary, tired eyes. It made me think about how much I had and still could be ungrateful.

I am so proud of my mum and love her to bits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home